Due to the predicted storm tonight and throughout tomorrow, the Weekly Meeting and Caravan are cancelled tomorrow. Cancellation includes the luncheon and dessert open houses scheduled for tomorrow.
We had a great tour planned tomorrow and will be moving it forward to next week, with over 11 Newburyport properties on tour! So don’t miss next week, you’ll see some fantastic listings.
Also at next week’s meeting, the group from “Say No to LHD” will be here to present as a opposing view to the Local Historic District Study Commission (which was at GNAR on February 2). If you were not able to attend the 2/2 GNAR meeting, it can be viewed at http://youtu.be/89HjDOdONdk
SALISBURY TOWN MANAGER
ADDRESSES GNAR MEMBERS
Thank you to Neil Harrington who visited GNAR and provided an informative presentation to the members on February 23. With over 30 members in attendance at our weekly meeting, the discussion was interesting and covered a variety of topics:
- Values maintaining in Salisbury with average home at $313,000 (tax rate of $10.97 one of the lowest in the area
- Inspection of all rental properties in the town is ongoing with almost 50 percent completed through a volunteer compliance program (both beach and non-beach properties)
- New bus system running within Salisbury Monday through Saturday
- New FEMA Flood maps and potential impacts (effective 7/3/12), Town Hall has maps available for viewing
- Former Kart-land Sale and proposed plans (permitted for 230-unit dwelling, Flood zone requirement/elevation would require additional 6-feet of landfill height)
- Additional sewer installation along Rabbit Road
- New direction for Police Department and putting recent issues behind
Kristen Leone of Property North Appraisals
Certified General Real Estate Appraiser (MA & NH) Specializing in private appraisals for divorce, bankruptcy and estate work – Private Consultations and Real Estate Mediation. Referrals are appreciated, please ask your referral to mention your name. Kristen may be reached at 508-633-2960 (cell). Kristen will be providing the refreshments and coffee for our members on March 8 at the Thursday morning meeting.
3) Mediation Services (Volunteer with Community Action in Haverhill, MA)
CLASS OFFERINGS AT GNAR
THIS COMING MONDAY!!!! Sign up TODAY!
March 5 – 1031 Exchange with Patty Flowers – 2 CEU’s (valid for MA and NH) for details and registration visit: http://gnar1031exchange.eventbrite.com
April 2 – Two classes provided by REIC (Real Estate Inner Circle) –valid for MA Division of Licensure courses listed below, to register visit: http://reic.eventbrite.com
RE34C03 – National Economic Trends and the Real Estate Professional
REIC course “8 New Trends of Highly Successful Agents”
RE32RC03 – Technology and Real Estate Brokerage
REIC course “2012 Social Media and Online Marketing Trends Less Than 1% of Agents Know”
UPCOMING SPEAKERS –
SAVE THE DATE…..
March 8 – Say No to LHD – Lyndie Lanphear and other members of “Say No to LHD” will speak to GNAR in opposition to the proposed Local Historic District plan.
March 22 – Newburyport Mayor Donna Holaday on current happenings in and around the City of Newburyport.
April 26 – Amesbury Mayor Thatcher Kezer on Amesbury happenings.
INTERESTING VIDEO OF OLD NEWBURYPORT
I happened upon this video and thought I would share it with GNAR members. Some great insight into the Development of Newburyport from the 1970’s. I enjoyed it and hope that you do as well. Your buyers and sellers may enjoy it as well…