CARAVAN for Thursday, June 28
6 Washington Street, Newburyport – 10/4/2.5— $1,279,900—Green to Washington, on right, Dolores Person, William Raveis DPG, 978-660-0967
49 Warren St, Unit 49, Newburyport—7/2/2.5—$475,000, Merrimac to Warren
Dolores Person, William Raveis DPG, 978-660-0967
3 Lucey Drive, Newburyport—9/4/2.5—$685,000, Merrimac to Lucey Drive
Kevin Wallace, SRP (978)423-8771
5 Lake Ave, Amesbury—8/3/2.5—$299,900, High Street to Orchard to Lake
Kevin Wallace, SRP (978)423-8771
60 Thompson St, Amesbury—8/4/1.5—$435,000, Whitehall to Thompson
Jim Bragg, CBRB 978-764-5500
13 Old Tavern Lane, Amesbury—8/4/2.5—$449,900—Rt. 110 to Olde Taverne
Melinda Fields, CBRB (978) 360-3208
Note: No Caravan on July 5, due to 4th of July Holiday,
tour resumes the following week on July 12
FHA Offering Preforeclosure
Webinar Series tomorrow, June 28
FHA, through its National Servicing Center, is looking to close the education and communication gap between FHA servicers and real estate professionals to aid FHA borrowers in the preforeclosure process (otherwise known as the short sale). The Webinars are designed for all real estate professionals but HUD specifically asked NAR for broad participation from our REALTOR members. FHA is offering a series of eight regional Webinars to ensure real estate agents and their clients have the most up-to-date information on the HUD pre-foreclosure program and other resources available to reduce foreclosures for borrowers. The Webinars have the following objectives:
- Identify REALTOR “Best Practices” when utilizing FHA’s Preforeclosure Program.
- Describe how HUD Servicers are required to apply loss mitigation tools to customers in need.
- Identify the benefits, features, and qualification criteria for FHA’s Preforeclosure Program.
- Recognize the difference between the market/appraised value for a property and the minimum acceptable net sale proceeds.
The webinar for HUD Region 1 (New England) will take place Thursday June 28st from 2-4pm. It’s free to sign up on the HUD website: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/254785344
Third Annual RPAC/PAF Mini-Golf
Fundraiser July 17th at Buc’s Surfside
Sure to be another great time! Get out your best golf outfit, and bring your raffle money. Last years event was fantastic and we’re adding more raffles, more prizes, and more fun! Don’t miss out on one of GNAR’s most-talked about events. Registration is still just $20 per person, includes water, mini-golf, BBQ, and ice cream. Start forming your teams, registration will begin on Monday, July 2. The fun begins at 3pm and goes until 6pm at Buc’s Surfside at Hampton Beach.
FROM MAR . . . .
Massachusetts Association of REALTORS
- MAR has finalized a temporary lease location for their offices at 60 Hickory Drive, 4th Floor, Waltham MA, 02451, and it is about 1/10 of a mile from the current MAR building. With the move date of July 6, note that there will be limited access to the MAR building, email and phones during July 5-6. The Building Task Force, Chaired by George Raymond, will be meeting again soon in order to continue the search for a permanent office location for MAR.
- 2012 MAR Conference & Tradeshow – September 19th & 20th, 2012
From NAR . . . .
National Association of REALTORS
CODE OF ETHICS – Mandatory before 12/31/12
REALTORS® are required to complete ethics training of not less than 2 hours, 30 min. of instructional time within the four-year cycle. The current four-year cycle will end Dec. 31, 2012. The training must meet specific learning objectives and criteria established by the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION of REALTORS®. Be sure to get your Code of Ethics training completed before this deadline either online (no CEU’s) or at our next in-house class at GNAR on Monday, November 5 (earning 2 CEU’s for MA and 3 CEU’s for NH).