Next Member Meeting April 17
Rob Ciampitti, Jr., Esq.
Join us for an important update by Rob Ciampitti, Jr., Esq., new GNAR affiliate member and Real Estate, Closing and Land Use Attorney. Additionally, Rob serves as Vice Chairman on the Newburyport Zoning Board of Appeals and will provide us with an update on their meeting scheduled for April 15.
Topic: Making Sense of the new DCOD (Demolition Control Overlay District) — Nuts & Bolts For Brokers and Agents
Description: On April 15th, the Newburyport City Council is expected to enact zoning amendments for the purpose of further regulating the demolition and alteration of historic buildings and structures within Newburyport. One new zoning ordinance will be called the DCOD and will potentially impact the majority of the National Register Historic District (residential areas located mostly outside of the immediate “downtown”). Certain demolition (even partial) of, or alterations to, structures within this new “hot zone” will be subject to a brand-new permitting process.
Refreshments generously sponsored by Mary Ellen Lawlor of ServPro.
FROM the MAR Report
(Massachusetts Association of Realtors)
Posted: 08 Apr 2014 08:49 AM PDT
If you live in Massachusetts you know this March was much more winter-like than most of us wanted. And while we New Englanders are hardy, we sure did lot of weather-based complaining this year. Yet, despite the cold and snow, buyers continued to get out there and made more accepted offers this March than any March since 2004! Finally, the significant month-to-month increases are typical from February to March.
Here are the highlights:
- Single-family pending home sales were up 15% compared to March 2013
- Single-family month-to-month pending home sales were up 44.5% from February 2014
- Single-family median price up 8.3% from March 2013 (to $314,000)
- Condo pending home sales were up 7.3% compared to March 2013
- Condo pending month-to-month home sales were up 42.4% from February 2014
- Condo median price up 12.8% compared to March 2013 (to $304,500)
2014 MAR President Peter Ruffini was joined by National Association of REALTORS® Region I Vice President Gary Rogers to discuss the market on New England Cable News’ “This Week in Business” last week. Click the title above to watch the NECN clip.
You’re invited …. This Friday, April 4
FHA 203K Renovation Loans
GNAR Professional Development
Still time to REGISTER for this Monday, April 14
Three Classes! Earn Six CEU’s in One Day!!!
Instructor Andy Consoli will teach the following courses:
- Chapter 93A (RE04RC12 MA)
- Selling Historic Homes (RE15R07) MA and NH
- Condo, Co-op, and Timeshares (RE12R07) MA and NH